Re: [css3-images][css4-images] Replace 'dppx' with 'x'?

On Jun 15, 2012, at 12:18 am, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
>> Tab Atkins said:
>>> You're saying that the value of device-pixel-ratio is sensitive to
>>> zoom?  So that on a high-res (2x) phone viewing a page that is also
>>> initially viewport-zoomed to half its size, the device-pixel-ratio is
>>> 4?
>>
>> No, device-pixel-ratio is not sensitive to zoom. It's just a statement about
>> the device.
>> It's only ever 1 or 2 on currently shipping hardware.
>
> That's what I thought.  In that case I don't see the difference.  The
> two are still identical.

By "the two", you mean the behavior of 'resolution' and 'device-pixel'ratio' under zoom?

That may be correct, but that doesn't address my original objection. Resolution is
claiming to measure "dots per CSS pixel", but if the page is zoomed, this relationship
is affected by the zoom factor.

Simon