Re: (Offtopic) Allowing use of CSS syntax in SVG presentation attributes

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 03:20:00PM +1000, Peter Moulder wrote:

> I have experience in only one SVG implementation, but my guess is that
> interoperability would reduce rather than increase if presentation attributes
> were to be specified to use CSS lexing.

I'll retract that.  I've been thinking about this since yesterday,
and it's hard to say whether adopting the proposed change would result in
SVG documents being more or less commonly seen the way the author intended;
but that either way, adopting the change or not won't make much difference.
Most incompatibilities are, and will continue to be, due to differences in
support of major features rather than in backslash interpretation.

pjrm.