Re: [css-variables] CSS Variables are a NEW kind of variable

(12/06/15 2:28), François REMY wrote:
> This is actually my point of view, too. I just fear this is yet another
> subject of disagreement and I therefore tried to avoid the discussion.

Debating about editorial matters is often quite frustrating indeed, but
if writing the spec in a particular way will increase consensus than I
would encourage the editor to consider listening to whoever finds the
current prose confusing.

On the other hand, I don't know if the WG or W3C allows this, but a way
to move this forward without disturbing the editor seems to be to ask
Brian and folks to fork the spec into a tutorial-like Web developer
version, where the terminology can be tweaked to make sure the least
people are "confused".

> However, this is orthogonal to the syntax we'll choose (as long as we
> keep [css-variables] defined as normal properties) : more than one
> syntax would match the name 'user-defined properties' (or 'authors
> properties' or whatever you name them).

Indeed, this is totally orthogonal. A problem I have with this thread is
that I can't tell if some feedback is normative or just
informative/editorial.

Cheers,
Kenny