Re: [css4-color] Make the r/g/b components be <number> rather than <integer>?

On 9/06/2012 3:24 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
[snip]
> Negative values correspond to a subset of the colors you can get our of
> your printer that your computer screen can't show.
>
> -Boris

Negative colors are also part of the scRBG gamut. Anyway, to challenge
what you say above. Below is a test that is part of a few test that I
have done offline.

http://css-class.com/test/css/3/colors/experiments/color-merging2.htm

Some questions.

1. In the first example (the whitish area composed of red, lime and blue
lines), why can I see red and then yellow before the whitish color?

2. In the first example (the whitish area composed of red, lime and blue
lines), why can I see blue after the whitish color?

3. In the second example (the pinkish area where #797979 has replaced
lime), why do I see a yellowish orange before the pinkish color?

4. When I print these out (Window 7, 64bit, standard LCD monitor), why
does the first example look pinkish and the second example look grayish?

Alan

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/