Re: [css3-syntax] First draft of parser section completed

Le 14/06/2012 02:44, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> Declaration
> mode has been altered to accept at-rules as well as declarations.
> (This also makes it easier in the future to accept at-rules inside of
> style rules, which we want for a few things like Mixins and such.)

So is it up to each at-rule to define in which "context" it is allowed?
For example, @import is only allowed at the stylesheet top-level[1];
@top-left only in @page. Style rules would be allowed to contain
at-rules, but no at-rule that currently exists is allowed to be
contained in a style rule.

[1] with even more restrictions on its location

Should parsers preserve the overall ordering when something contains
both declarations and at-rules? ie. should they have a single list with
mixed content, or can they provide two separate lists (like style and
cssRules in CSSOM)

I don’t think this order is important (an @page rule still means the
same thing if we move all of its margin rules to the bottom), but maybe
there is an use case I haven’t though of.

--
Simon Sapin