Re: [css3-syntax] First draft of parser section completed

Le 13/06/2012 17:28, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu a écrit :
> I just want to point out both CSS 2.1 Core Grammar and tinycss are a
> forwards-compatible intermediate layer, which browsers, as far as I can
> tell, don't have. If css3-syntax doesn't want such thing, as indicted in
> Tab's message, that's good (and probably my preference too, given how
> unreliable the CSS 2.1 Core Gramamr is), but if it does, it should
> better be aligned with an implementation like tinycss.

I think that your understanding (not copied here).

tinycss is a separate library because I wanted a parser re-usable in
both WeasyPrint and CairoSVG, which support a completely different set
of properties. The fact that it is a somewhat forwards-compatible layer
is accidental.

--
Simon Sapin