Re: [css3-page] In the normal flow of the root element?

On 06/11/2012 03:23 PM, Simon Sapin wrote:

>> Yes, the non-positioned child of an abspos element is the normal flow of
>> that abspos element. It is itself not out-of-flow.
>
> Ok, so "in the flow of X" is something like "in the block formatting context established by X", right? What about a block in a
> table cell on in an inline-block?
>
> In the quoted sentence, does "in the normal flow of …" apply to the whole enumeration or just to the last item?

So, none of this is very precisely defined. :) But I take "in the
normal flow of the root element" to mean "in the root normal flow
established by the ICB". Probably that should say ICB instead of
root element, let me fix that...

If an element is out-of-flow, it is not in the normal flow, but it
establishes a normal flow for its descendants that are not themselves
out-of-flow.

~fantasai