[css3-background] Animatable: lines

On Thursday 2012-06-07 16:10 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> > When css3-background says this for, say, background-size [1], what does it mean? Does it mean a keyword value at either end prevents any animation? Or does it mean animations from a keyword to any other keyword produces no animation?
>
> The former.  Keywords just aren't animatable at all.

I've been meaning to post revisions to what all the "Animatable:"
lines in css3-background say, since "yes" isn't a good Animatable
line.

I think the Animatable: lines in css3-background should be changed
as follows (the ones that say "no" or "see individual properties"
should stay unchanged):

background-color
  Animatable: as <a href="http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transitions/#animatable-types">color</a>

background-size
  Animatable: between two lengths as <a
  href="http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transitions/#animatable-types">length</a>,
  between two percentages as <a
  href="http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transitions/#animatable-types">percentage</a>,
  between a length and a percentage (in either order) as a calc
  [FIXME: link needed here, probably to css3-values defining the new
  animation type],
  otherwise no

border-top-color, border-right-color, border-bottom-color,
border-left-color
  Animatable: as <a href="http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transitions/#animatable-types">color</a>
  [also, there shouldn't be a space after "border-top-color" in the
  property header]

border-top-width, border-right-width, border-bottom-width,
border-left-width
  Animatable: as <a href="http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transitions/#animatable-types">length</a>

border-top-left-radius, border-top-right-radius,
border-bottom-right-radius, border-bottom-left-radius
  Animatable: between two lengths as <a
  href="http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transitions/#animatable-types">length</a>,
  between two percentages as <a
  href="http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transitions/#animatable-types">percentage</a>,
  between a length and a percentage (in either order) as a calc
  [FIXME: link needed here, probably to css3-values defining the new
  animation type]

  [note: we might want to make a definition for this whole thing in
  css3-values, actually, and have background-size use it too, though
  background-size also needs the "no" case for the keywords]

(And are we sure that none of the border-image-* subproperties
should be animatable?)

-David