Re: -webkit-background-clip:text and -webkit-text-fill-color?

On 05/31/2012 01:11 PM, Jared Wein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has there been a proposal from the Webkit authors for -webkit-background-clip:text and -webkit-text-fill-color?

There was some discussion of this in 2008, see the thread starting at
   http://www.w3.org/mid/5ED077D6-30C4-4C13-AC21-953CD2A844EA@apple.com

> I think properties like these could be useful in other engines.

I agree. Speccing it out was somewhere on my to-do list, since I edit
both CSS Backgrounds and Borders and CSS Text. But I haven't gotten
to it yet. :)

What needs to be done first is
   * Read the old threads
   * Find a way to address the impact of line-breaking and other
     concerns brought up in the threads
   * Consider the feature's relationship to existing SVG features,
     like 'fill' and 'stroke'
   * Post some proposals here for discussion

~fantasai