Re: [css-variables] Variables in @page

> > 1. Descriptors in @-rules can use variables defined on the root element.
> >
> > This matches the fact that @page inherits from the root element, except
> > that
> > descriptors themselves are not properties and thus do not inherit.
>
> This is potentially reasonable, but I'm not sure how useful it is.
> Use-cases?

Reusing global color constants is already an use case. Here's a list of
properties that can be used on @page :

+ From: http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-page/#page-properties
+
+ The following properties can be used in the page context to style the
appearance of the page box:
+     • size,
+     • background properties,
+     • border properties,
+     • margin properties, and
+     • padding properties.
+
+ These properties can be used in the page context to set counters:
+     • counter-reset, counter-increment,
+
+ These properties can be used in the page context to style the content of
margin boxes:
+     • color,
+     • font properties,
+     • text properties