Re: [css3-flexbox] Computed value and flex-align/flex-item-align.

On 1/27/12 3:52 AM, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> [...]

It's not just getComputedStyle.  The computed value is also observable
via use of "inherit" on children.  And this aspect is more important, imo.

So the real question should be:  What should happen if a child inherits
from an element with specified "flex-item-align: auto"?  Should it
inherit "auto", or should it inherit something else?

Note that there may be good reasons to inherit as "auto", in which case
the computed value should be "auto".  There's nothing that says computed
values have to be as resolved as you can get; what they _should_ be is
whatever makes the most sense to inherit.

-Boris