Re: [css3-flexbox] computed value of "display" on a floated inline-flexbox

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com> wrote:
> CSS 2.1 section 9.7 says that a floated inline-table gets "display:table"
> and a floated inline-block gets "display:block".
>
> Should the same apply to a floated inline-flexbox?
>
> (Right now, it falls into the default "others":"same as specified" category
> that section.)
>
> Reference:
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#dis-pos-flo

Yes, I think so.  A floated inline-flexbox should get "display:flexbox".

When we finally split 'display' into 'display-inside' and
'display-outside', this will be simpler - we'll just say that floating
an element makes 'display-outside' compute to "block", and all the
inline-* variants will just work automatically.

I've changed the spec.  (I need to make the same change to Lists now...)