Re: Color tweaking functions

I have had the opposite encounter with theme-ability. Choosing a base color not in the same triad (primary vs. tertiary) upsets the finer relationships. Dark Blue = navy: good! Dark Green = brown. Not so good. Light Blue = Good! Light Purple = Pink. Not so good for the project.

The standard color transforms tend to be flat adjustments across all the values. It has the effect of "graying" everything. This makes the darks muddy and the lights too bright. It still requires manual color-picking to get it right.

Yes, the mathematics outputs harmonious colors. But they are not always aesthetically pleasing for the project.
--
Benjamin Bertrand