Re: Fast-track new people to areas www-style need the most help with

* Jon Rimmer wrote:
>That was in response to Bjoern's post, where he seemed to be saying
>implementer bandwidth was lower than editor capacity, citing
>historical examples of HTML features that never received
>implementation, at least that was my interpretation? I just wanted to
>point out what seemed like a good counter example.

The features in the example were specified and implemented, but only by
one browser vendor. The point was that "CSS development is slow, so let
us make more editors" is a bit too simplisitic; in the example there was
no editor shortage, yet it took over a decade from specifications and an
implementation to go to something that you can consider using some time
soon, for various reasons that need to be considered when trying to make
CSS development go faster or whatever else one might be looking for.