Re: Reply-To

If the list doesn’t set Reply-To, it’s because if you get a mail twice (the mail directly from the person that sent the mail AND the one from the mailing list), you may want to respond to the first one you did get, which is usually the one you received directly and who can’t have that Reply-To header. So you may forget to use “Reply To All” when responding to the copy you got directly, while in the current case you have to to it every time, which is a more logical behavior.

The only way to respond to a mail (when more than one person are involved) is to use ReplyAll. Personnaly, I’ve modified my mail client so that the default action I perform when responding to a mail *is* to reply to everybody.

François

From: Chris Eppstein
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:37 PM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: Reply-To

It's come to my attention that hardly any of you have seen my replies to threads on this list because when I click reply, it goes to the individual instead of the list. Is there some reason why this list doesn't set Reply-To? I wonder how much feedback you have missed out on due to this simple issue...

Chris Eppstein