RE: [css3-writing-modes] A report from a meeting w/Japanese publishing group

Tokushige Kobayashi wrote:

> The sideway of latin alphabet in vertical text is bad writing manner
> in Japanese text.

I don't think that's a common sense in Japan. There's no right answer here, so anyone is free to express their opinions and I understand you think so, but there's no such manner.

And while I understand there're some needs to set every characters upright, you can set "text-orientation: upright" to <html> to do so.

Regards,
Koji