Re: Forums

I think that a forum is more User- and Search Engine-friendly.

For example, I'm a mailing list n00b.  I've always just used Google Groups to monitor/contribute to topics of interest. I like the 1-email-per-day Digest format better.
I've tried posting to this list before, and I'm not entirely sure I'm doing it right. Heck, I might even be banned after my holiday out of office reply fiasco.

For people who prefer email, a decent forum can provide granular opt-in email updates to new topics, posts, comments, replies, etc. You could also reply to a comment and post via email to the forum, too.  Email <--> Forum is a solved problem.

It then becomes a content migration issue. Or you build a forum app using the mailing list as the datasource.
----
Benjamin Bertrand
@benxamin | ben@blendinteractive.com