Re: [Bulk] Re: Forums

Right. It probably has to be the same person as the one who presented the
issues at the WG telcon. To avoid loosing too much time on this, that person
could simply respond with a set of generic messages.

(1) this issue will be debated at a next telcon/f2f.

(2) this issue has been debated but is not resolved yet. see
http://www.w3.org/blog/CSS/2011/12/14/resolutions-16/ for more information.
(3) this issue has been resolved. see
http://www.w3.org/blog/CSS/2011/12/14/resolutions-16/ for more information.

(4) we need more information about the issue. [some specific message].

(5) this issue has been closed because there's no strong use case / a good
work-around exists / it is too complex to implement.
(6) this issue has been accepted. changes will be made to the spec soon. see
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-ui for more information.

I don't think anybody in the WG is ready to take much time in maintaining a
more complex communication for all open tickets. Anyway, I don't know much
user-request sites where a lot of issues get a response from the authority.
Generally, a reply is issued only when the issue is on strong consideration
or has been resolved which usually don't happens a lot. Even then, the
communication is really short. I don't think a lot of people care about a
personnal response. We know when posting ideas to such a website we're not
alone and that not all issues will be considered.

Other maintenance tasks (delete spam, merge issues, ...) can be delegated to
a group of people that is not necessarily make of WG members.

Also, WG members can take on their own to post more detailled replies to
issues they are personnally involved. But it doesn't have to be the rule.