RE: [css3-images] paint sources

[Daniel Glazman:]

> Le 28/02/12 01:06, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
>
> > No.  I won't get into the differences between "never freezes" and
> > "never stabilizes", but the HTMLWG version of the spec does not have
> > CSSElementMap in it, so I'm actually *unable* to use it as a reference
> > here.
>
> This is far more complex than just "B version has it and not A".
> It's also a question of patent policy. It's a question of normatively
> referencing a document having no patent policy, and sorry Tab, but there
> won't be only engineers in the loop on that question, I'm afraid...

I am afraid Daniel is right. While this may appear the quickest way to
dispose of this comment it could also turn into the fastest route to an
objection. Getting the issue fixed in the W3C version of HTML would be
the preferred way to go. (Yes, I know, no fun). Or finding another
way to resolve the issue.