Re: [css3-fonts] simplifying font-variant-ligatures

On Feb 22, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Christoph Päper wrote:

> fantasai:
>> We shouldn't be using [‘font-feature-settings’] as a way to defer useful features out of the normal syntax, imho.
>
> The proposal doesn’t do so, as far as I can see.

John Daggett wrote: "Given that several user agents are now implementing the
'font-feature-settings' property, I think it would be simpler to define
this more simply and let users use the 'font-feature-settings' property
for more fine-grained control."

One's interpretation is subjective, but in any case, I think this quote encapsulates the idea to which we're referring.

-Christopher