Re: wading into the Prefix morass...

David Singer <singer@apple.com>:
> On Feb 21, 2012, at 6:02 , Christoph Päper wrote:
>
>> This is what implementers might be telling authors by use of prefixes:
>>
>> -VND-
>> -pd-
>> -ed-
>> -wd-
>>  may combine -pd-, -ed- and -wd- as -draft-.
>> -lc-
>> -cr-
>> -pr-
>> -rec-
>>  -cr-, -pr- and -rec- may be combined into -bugs-.
>
> I think this is overkill; features don't change nearly as often as this.

You are right. I just wanted to counter your proposal of a versioned ‘-draft-’ prefix. Personally I’m fine with vendor prefixes for internal and experimental use and a common ‘-draft-’ prefix during the testing and revising phase.

In an earlier mail I suggested that above prefixes would be used for comparison tests and perhaps by intranet developers. Only select ones would be used then.