Re: [css3-regions][css3-gcpm] Thoughts on Plan A and Plan B

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:46:37 +0100, HÃ¥kon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
wrote:

> In Opera's implemenation, we have recently changed from a media type:
>
>    @media paged { ... }
>
> to a media feature:
>
>    @media (paged) { ... }
>
> In both cases, the query asks whether the implementation supports
> paged mode (and not whether the document/element is in paged mode).

I think that this is an acceptable temporary solution, but should
really be replaced eventually by @supports from css-conditionals.

> We can't really query 'settings', can we?

MQ 3 state "To avoid circular dependencies, it is never necessary
to apply the style sheet in order to evaluate expressions."

So we can't make a media query to detect if overflow: paged is
applied, as that's done through the style sheet that isn't applied
yet.

  - Florian