Re: [css3-regions][css3-page] region based page templates

On Feb 17, 2012, at 6:39 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

>>    sylvaing: without dom elements, you can't receive clicks, etc.
>>
>> That seems like a solvable problem that should be solved for all generated pseudo-elements (like ::before and ::after too). Something like >'getElementsByTagName("body")[0].pseudos.slot[0]'.addEventListener(click, myfunction)'.
>
> That is the general concept, yes. Though such nodes are by definition not in the DOM and using the same plumbing means defining what bubbling
> and other things that assume a parent chain look like. I haven't thought about it much yet but my working assumption is that it could be trickier
> than it looks.

Rather than adding event handlers to the anonymous boxes, I think it would be simpler if you just register event handlers with the nearest enclosing explicit DOM element, and then have a field that allows you to figure out which anonymous box was hit.

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)