Re: [CSS21] BFC may become narrower and collide with a previous float

On 14/02/2012 9:33 PM, Alan Gresley wrote:
> On 14/02/2012 8:26 PM, fantasai wrote:

>> Table rows don't establish block formatting contexts, but wrt table
>> boxes, see
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#model
>>
>> ~fantasai
>
> This may be true by way of concept of the spec but the reality is
> different (see test below).

Ignore the above. I wasn't thinking of anonymous table objects.

On 14/02/2012 4:02 PM, Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:
 > No, not really. If no descendant element (of the display:table) with
 > display: table cell is found, then the table/table-row is expected to
 > generate one (and anonymous table object).
 >
 > see 17.2.1 Anonymous table objects
 > http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#anonymous-boxes
 >
 > So I believe is 9.4.1 is correct.

Regarding this part of 9.4.1.

   | Floats, absolutely positioned elements, block
   | containers (such as inline-blocks, table-cells,
   | and table-captions) that are not block boxes

Should it also state anonymous table objects or boxes? I take the above
to read like real (in the code, not anonymous) boxes.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/