Re: [css3-values] Physical length units (was: [css3-mediaqueries] DPI in resolution media queries)

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 7:31 AM, Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes! That would totally solve it. Although `truemm` is a but unwieldy.
> Some kind of switch that modifies how `mm`,`cm` and `in` behave would be
> better IMO.

That would be super confusing IMHO. A new unit is easier.

Potential issue: non-square pixels (quite common in LCD screens that are
> not at their native resolution).

Handling that "properly" would be a real nightmare. Just define it to be
the geometric mean of the two axes, and people who are running LCD screens
in strange resolutions don't get great results.

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]