Re: [css3-regions][css3-gcpm] Thoughts on Plan A and Plan B

Alan Stearns wrote:

 http://people.opera.com/howcome/2012/tests/magazine1.png

 > >   aside::region(2) {
 > >     float: page(3);
 > >   }
 > >
 > > I've tried to write up code for the sushi page here:
 > >
 > >   http://people.opera.com/howcome/2012/tests/magazine1.html
 > >
 > > (It's a sketch, there are some unknowns in the equation. It'd be
 > > interesting to see what a similar sketch would look like using
 > > regions)
 >
 > I don't understand the multicol solution for the 'sushi' flow. I'm
 > interpreting the layout intent as:
 >
 > 1. Start the sushi flow in a single region on page 1
 > 2. Continue the sushi flow after all of the main article text is finished

But the main article isn't finished on page three; the word "phar-"
must continue on some (imaginary) page 4?

In any case, I'd like to see code/markup for a regions-based approach.

I read the figure to mean:

  Start both flows on page 1.
  Main flow should go into a two-column layout from page 2
  Side flow should continue on page 3.

Three seems like an arbitrary number, though.

-h&kon