Re: [css3-transforms] Extending CSSOM interface

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2012, at 11:09 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> On 2/16/12 1:59 PM, Dirk Schulze wrote:
>>> Even if you think getPropertyCSSValue is a terrible API, the idea is great.
>>
>> The idea of having some sort of objects representing your CSS is ok;
>> dunno about great.
>>
>> The particular object representation present right now is worse than
>> nothing.  Imo.
>
> But also because it is undefined. That is what I try to change for at least CSS Transforms. If you want to do it in a greater scope, fine!

We should not try to change this solely by looking at Transforms; it
needs a more concerted, language-wide effort (which I'm *extremely*
interested in doing).  We also should not be attempting to innovate in
this way within a spec that needs to be stable yesterday.