Re: [css3-transforms] Extending CSSOM interface

On Feb 16, 2012, at 10:42 AM, Aryeh Gregor wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
>> First we should decide if this version of the spec should define any CSS OM stuff, given the in-flux state of CSS OM in general.
>
> Some CSSOM interfaces are quite stable and more or less interoperably
> implemented, such as getComputedStyle(), Element.style,
> Element.getBoundingClientRect()
Oh, then you should write more tests if you think getBoundingClientRect is implemented interoperable :) Our team is working on it right now, and it definitely isn't for some cases.

> , and document.elementFromPoint().  I
> think we should definitely continue to define how those interact with
> transforms, and the more precision the better.  But we shouldn't
> include anything that's not precisely defined somewhere.

And stop with moving the web forward? I really don't understand you point. You don't want to improve existing interfaces or add new interfaces?

-Dirk