[css3-ui] 'icon' feedback (was: [css3-ui] Review comments)

(11/07/14 7:49), Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Section 6.2
> -----------
>
> * You can do fallback images now simply by using the image() function,
> defined in Image Values.  There are also many more types of images
> than just <url>.  I recommend replacing this with just <image>.  (If
> you'd like to avoid a dependency on Image Values, define <image> to be
> equal to <url> for now, with a note that other specs may expand its
> definition.)

I was having the exact same comment here while doing last call review of
the 'icon' property. I hope this comment can be addressed. Also,

  # Media: all

If I am not missing something, this should be "Media: visual" instead.

(By the way, the section number changed from 6.2 to 5.2)

> Section 10.1.1
> --------------
> * Given that <image>, as defined in Image Values, allows for fallback
> images, I suggest dropping the ability to specify multiple images in
> the 'cursor' property.  This does mean that you can't specify
> different x/y coords for different fallbacks, but that doesn't seem
> like a big loss; it seems like you'd always just be specifying the
> same image in multiple formats.

I tend to agree. But dropping this is breaking CSS2.1 compatibility[1]
and I don't have data to know if we are able to do so.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/ui.html#cursor-props

Cheers,
Kenny