Re: [CSSWG] Agenda conf call 15-feb-2012

On 02/14/2012 09:24 PM, Daniel Glazman wrote:

> 3. Selectors 4
> --------------
>
> 10 mins (negociable)
>
> We did not have time to discuss that item during ftf and
> Sylvain wanted to discuss it.

Subtopics for Selectors 4:

   - Approve additions to :lang() pseudo-class?
       http://dev.w3.org/csswg/selectors4/#lang-pseudo
       - list multiple languages, e.g. :lang(zh, ja, ko) { ... }
       - intelligent matching and wildcards per RFC4647, e.g.
           :lang(de-DE) matches lang="de-Latf-DE"
           :lang(*-Latn) matches lang="en-Latn" and lang="fr-Latn"

   - HTML5 vs Selectors 4 - spec scope of :hover weirdness for <label>
       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Jan/1345.html
       Propose Selectors 4 to allow for language-specific weirdness,
       and HTML5 to specify weirdness for <label>.

   - Determining feature set for Level 4
       - Propose to drop subject-changing syntax
       - Solve open issues below
       - Anything else we need to add/remove before LC?
       - Publish WD and ask for a pre-LC review

Other open issues:

   - Clarify to allow UA-dependent timeout on :active to allow for
     e.g. IE behavior (active while that URL is loaded) or Safari
     mobile behavior (link highlighted while that URL is loaded)
     or behavior on other platforms (button depressed while action
     is being processed)?
       http://dev.w3.org/csswg/selectors4/#active-pseudo

   - Review :scope and interaction with scoped selectors

   - Update grammar

   - Need a URL expert to review http://dev.w3.org/csswg/selectors4/#local-pseudo

~fantasai