Re: [css3-regions] regions forming stacking contexts

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> You're quite right that this is not defined now, I'm just asking for it to
> be defined. I'm not 100% sure what you just proposed, but it sounds like in
> my example you would say that all content flowing into the regions gets R1
> as the default containing block for abs-pos elements. That's probably
> workable, but it definitely needs to be specced, and it may surprise
> authors that abs-pos content flowing into R2 is positioned in R1 even if R2
> is also position:relative. Rendering content positioned relative to R1 in
> the stacking context for R2 may be interesting.

In fact, this gets very interesting. Suppose region R1 has a transform T1
on it, R2 has a different transform T2, and A is an abs-pos element whose
parent P is flowed into R2, and P has 'opacity' on it. A's containing block
is R1. Which effects are applied to A?

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us