Re: [css3-regions] issue: is first region initial containing block

 From another thread entitled "[css3-regions] regions forming stacking
contexts" [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Feb/0146.html]:

On 03/02/2012 08:07, Vincent Hardy wrote:

> Regarding the initial containing block, I am not sure what is
> missing from the spec. can you clarify? Section 4.1 is explicit:
>
> "The edges of the first region in a region chain associated with a
> named flow establish the rectangle that is the initial containing
> block of the named flow."

I'm assuming that the idea is to override the CSS21 term "initial
containing block", for content inside of regions.  Your term is actually
different though: "initial containing block of a named flow".

In examples such as the following from CSS21 10.1:

   # If the element has 'position: absolute', [and the containing block
   # isn't established by other means], the containing block is the
   # initial containing block.

it is not at all clear that your new term overrides the established
term.  If you want it to do so then you'll need to be more explicit in
the regions spec.

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net