"display:transparent" or "display:nobox" (RE: thoughts on page templates)

How about "display:nobox" ?

That would mean "for the purposes of layout, ignore the element and consider its child nodes to be direct children of its parent node"

Would it be intuitive that 'nobox' means that?

(display:nonode" would be another naming option).

It think it is pretty cool. Not only this allows to create placeholder regions for stuff sensitive to structure (table rows, replaced elements), it also would allow to strip off semantic elements that don't have meaning for presentation.

For implementation, this seems similar to pulling together a flow from unrelated elements (could be hidden tricky issues but I don't see any yet).

If that were to be defined, which spec would it belong to?

Alex