Re: [css3-text] letter-spacing at element boundaries

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 2:01 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> My thinking was that if I had
>
> em<em>phatic</em>ally
>
> and I specified some letter-spacing, would I really expect to get
>
> em p  h  a  t  i  c ally
>
> ? It seemed to me it made more sense for only the characters inside the
> <em> to be spaced apart from each other, and certainly not to have a
> half-space between some letter pairs and a full space between others.

Actually, I think I'd expect that.  I wouldn't expect something like

emp h a t i cally, because the p and c in that just look normal.

I've no idea whether I'd prefer a full space or half space on the
ends, but some sort of additional spacing seems good.