Re: [css3-flexbox] What types of box-tree fixup can occur?

On 29/04/2012 17:49, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 2:01 AM, Anton Prowse<prowse@moonhenge.net>  wrote:
>> On 29/04/2012 04:25, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

>>> It's this part that doesn't make sense.  I never mentioned block
>>> layout.  Why are you asking me a question about it in relation to
>>> flexbox?
>>
>> Sure you did.  I'm asking you a question about it because you offered it
>> as justification of a particular choice of behaviour in flexbox layout.
>>
>> Perhaps it's easier if you could just express what you wrote below in
>> different terms?
>>
>> On 26/01/2012 00:14, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>> For clarity, I have currently specified that table-fixup occurs
>>> *before* flexbox does its thing, but block-in-inline fixup occurs
>>> *after*.  This appears to be consistent with how these two fixup steps
>>> occur in _block layout_, based on the limited testing I've done so
>>> far.
>>
>> (My emphasis expressed with '_')
>
> Oh!  Now I get it.
>
> I just meant that, if you're in block layout, you can tell that
> table-fixup occurs before block-in-inline fixup occurs.
> block-in-inline fixup is *part of* block layout; it doesn't happen
> *after*.

OK, that's what I guessed you meant.

So it doesn't really provide any precedent to help determine whether
block-in-inline fixup should occur before or after flexbox does its
thing.  Anyhow, I think the behaviour you've chosen is the better one;
I really was just interested in whether there /were/ any precedents.

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net