Re: Alignment of paragraphs with unicode-bidi: plaintext [css3-text] [css3-writing-modes]

> If you feel it's important to drop "inline", I'll raise an issue with the
CSSWG.
> But I think it's better to keep it, as there is also a block direction to
consider.

I think that "inline base direction" is a fine name for a line box
property. I just did not want the spec to refer to the "inline base
direction" of a bidi paragraph, and it no longer does, so everything is
fine.

> Ok, I've made edits to that effect and pushed them here:
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-**text/#bidi-linebox<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-text/#bidi-linebox>

Pretty close, just a few minor editing remarks:

> The start and end edges of a line box are determined by the inline
base direction
> of the line box. In most cases, this is given by its containing
block's computed
> ‘direction’. However if the containing block has ‘unicode-bidi: plaintext’
> [CSS3-WRITING-MODES], the inline base direction must be determined by the

inline base direction -> inline base direction of a line box

> bidi paragraphs to which it belongs: that is, the bidi paragraph that is
immediately

paragraphs -> paragraph

> contained by the line box's containing block and for which the line box
holds content.
> An empty line box (i.e. one that contains no atomic inlines or characters
other than
> the line-breaking character, if any), takes its inline base direction
from the previous

"preceding" is arguably better than "previous", but this is not important

> line box (if any), or, if this is the first line box in the containing
block, then from the
> ‘direction’ property of the containing block.

> It's kindof a long complicated section. I'm wondering if there's a better
place to put it...

I don't think it's too bad.

A few more editorial contents:

> EXAMPLE 8
> In the following example, every other line is right-aligned:
> <pre style="unicode-bidi: plaintext">

Perhaps the style should include text-align:start for clarity, since there
is no telling what is being inherited.

> EXAMPLE 9
> <para style="direction: rtl; unicode-bidi:plaintext">

Does this need display:block for clarity?

> <quote style="unicode-bidi:plaintext">שלום!</quote>", he said.

Does the <quote> need display:inline for clarity?

> [...]
> line box displays belongs

remove "displays"