Re: [css3-fonts] font-feature-settings syntax

Although, I.d be concerned about typing it so tightly to opentype and
restricting it to ecactly four characters.

So far I have only heard on one browser experimenting with this feature and
that browser is supporting both opentype and graphite tables.

Or is it being proposed that these css properties are opentype only and we
need to proposed and defined a series of parrallel css properties for other
font technologies, ie AAT and graphite?

Esp since the only cross-platform way of implenting fonts for some unicode
blocks is via graphite in the absences of shapers for opentype based font
rendering systems.

Andrew

On Friday, 20 April 2012, Christopher Slye <cslye@adobe.com> wrote:
> The second sentence in your new (and old) wording seems redundant. I
would omit it, to say:

> The <string> is a case-sensitive OpenType feature tag. As specified in
the OpenType specification, feature tags contain four ASCII characters. Tag
strings longer or shorter than four characters, or containing characters
outside the U+20-7E codepoint range must be treated as invalid. User agents
must not use a feature tag created by truncating or padding the string to
four characters.

--
Andrew Cunningham
Senior Project Manager, Research and Development

andrewc@vicnet.net.au
lang.support@gmail.com