Re: [css3-fonts] Addition of font-size: xxx-large

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org> wrote:
> Only if the mapping was that simple...
>
> http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/css/CSSStyleSelector.cpp?rev=113922#L4920

Well, we don't have to care about what happens if the user changes
their preferences.  They can make all kinds of crazy things happen.
But the default is different for different fonts -- sigh.  As soon as
I do <font size=7 face=monospace>, browsers give totally different
computed sizes -- 45px in Chrome, 36px in Gecko, 48px in IE/Opera.
But for all I know those are only valid on the specific systems I
tested on.

So really, at this point what I'd like to see is actual
standardization of the meaning of the various <font size>s.  Ideally,
they should be standardized at fixed pixel sizes regardless of
font-family -- with any luck that's web-compatible.  If not, I guess
we're stuck with <font size=7> even in CSS mode.