Re: [css3-syntax] dash-match and includes-match tokens

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr> wrote:
> Le 16/04/2012 14:18, Simon Sapin a écrit :
>> Instead, I suggest to remove these tokens entirely. This means that most
>> attribute selector operators would be made of two DELIM tokens. Selector
>> parsers based on css3-syntax would have to look ahead to parse these
>> operators. As an implementer, I think this is not a problem; but I don’t
>> know the details of other implementations.
>
> I see that |= (if two delim tokens instead of a single dash-match) can be
> ambiguous with a namespaced attribute name, but this is resolved by checking
> the next token (either a '=' delim or an ident).

Yes, some lookahead in the parser is required anyway - I'll be trying
to keep it to one-token - such as for parsing a class name (DELIM
followed immediately by IDENT or DIMENSION - anything else is a parse
error).  So, parsing the *-match selectors with one token of lookahead
is fine.

~TJ