Re: Fwd: [css4-ui] ::tooltip

This is not how pseudo-classes work. If you disagree with the way
pseudo-classes work in CSS, please start another thread about it and
don't hijack this one. Thanks.

With the way CSS currently works, `:tooltip` is equivalent to
`*:tooltip`, which means "any element, when at the tooltip state"
(however that tooltip state is defined). It cannot refer to different
containers, such as tooltips. Pseudo-classes are used to classify
elements, not to style something else. [1]

`:tooltip` might be reasonable when using another element as a tooltip,
like some people in the thread already suggested. However, there are
more efficient ways to refer to that, and we still need a way to style
native, UA-generated tooltips without having to create a custom one for
everything.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html#pseudo-elements

Lea Verou (http://lea.verou.me | @LeaVerou)