Re: [css-variables] Should var properties respect !important?

Le 03/04/2012 09:20, Christoph Päper a écrit :
> Tab Atkins Jr.:
>
>> 2) Treat !important like normal, and have it effect the cascade
>
> Of course. ‘var*’ should not behave differently than every other property – not more than absolutely necessary that is.

I agree. First, as an implementer, I don’t like special-casing when the
same code could for everything. But also for authors: more complex
cascading rules (the declaration that "wins" is not the same if the name
starts with "data-"?) are more difficult to understand/remember/map to a
mental model.