RE: [css3-multicol] Spanning elements and BFCs in Webkit

 From: David Hyatt
 Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:06 PM

 The current *intended* behavior in WebKit is that the anonymous block
 that encloses the spanning elements establish a BFC, and that the
 spanning elements do not.

 Feel free to file a bug on me with that test case, although I suppose
 we can wait and see what's officially decided first.

This makes more sense to me than just collapsing margins outside BFC. If the intent is for consequent colspans to behave as normal flow, I think this is the best choice.

Alex