Re: Suggestion: Realtime/time and date based transitions

Gabriel Zackari wrote:

> Adult type content and ads containing violince etc could be displayed
> only after a certain time.

Easily defeated (this has to be done by wall clock time, so changing the
timezone will be enough).  This really has to be done server side, and
will generally require proof of age more than time constraints.
Children have computers in their rooms these days, so the watershed
doesn't really work.

> At night a website could change to a dark theme.

I assume you mean lacking in illumination, rather than in the more
abstract sense (e.g. "the theme of the latest Harry Potter film is much
darker than that of the first").

You are trying to second guess how the user is actually viewing the
site, and, in any case, if they are sensible, they will have turned down
the display back-light intensity, so the only real effect will be to
have reduced the dynamic range of the display, as the darkest levels
will have to collapse into black.  Reflective displays will actually
require the contrast enhancing.

> Sorry if this has been up before.

Did you not research it?

--