Re: [css3-animations] Constructing missing 0%/"from" and 100%/"to" keyframes

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 21:37:56 +0200, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
wrote:

> On Friday 2011-09-23 16:29 +0200, Øyvind Stenhaug wrote:
>> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-animations/#keyframes
>>
>> "If a 0% or "from" keyframe is not specified, then the user agent
>> constructs a 0% keyframe using the computed values of the properties
>> being animated. If a 100% or "to" keyframe is not specified, then
>> the user agent constructs a 100% keyframe using the computed values
>> of the properties being animated."
>>
>> This doesn't specify at which point the computed values are being
>> sampled. I assume it should be the point in time at which the
>> animation starts applying (which may be before the animation starts,
>> depending on 'animation-delay').
>
> In Gecko it's dynamically updated to any underlying style changes
> (so there's no one point), which I think matches the way CSS usually
> works.

OK. It seems Gecko is not following this bit from a different section
(which, I see now, could also be interpreted to resolve my issue):

"The values used for the keyframes and animation properties are
snapshotted at the time the animation starts. Changing them during the
execution of the animation has no effect."

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA