From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Fedoniouk
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:45 PM
To: Ojan Vafai
Cc: Tab Atkins Jr.; www-style list
Subject: Re: [css3-flexbox] Too many flex-flow values?

Consider something close to tiled map implementation where element-tiles
shall go in strictly physical order no matter of base UI directionality.
That is one of practical situations we’ve bumped into with our flex/flow
implementation that used only logic directions initially.

Another case is when content contains explicit mentioning of
the direction, like: “Result of formula (on the left) is presented in
the table on the right”. It is better to use physical directions here
for many reasons including potential misinterpretation of information
when blind translations are used.

Obviously this applies to flexbox and grid use cases.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk

http://terrainformatica.com