RE: when do transitions occur?

Also, can transitions occur for property value keywords that map to interpolatable values? Eg. font-weight:bold to font-weight: 100

-----Original Message-----
From: Jennifer Yu
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:36 PM
To: 'L. David Baron'; Brian Manthos
Cc: Tab Atkins Jr.; www-style@w3.org
Subject: RE: when do transitions occur?

Thanks for the responses Tab and David. I didn't realize that shorthands don't have a computed value since getComputedStyle seems to return a valid string for shorthands.

And just for clarification regarding zero duration transitions and animations (since I seem to have trouble finding the previous discussion of it), 0 duration transitions should not throw events if the delay is also 0. If the delay is positive, 0 duration transitions should throw an event. 0 duration animations, on the other hand, should throw events. Are those statements accurate?