Re: suggestion of adding top,right,bottom,right to box-shadow

On Sep 14, 2011, at 8:40 AM, Mark Kenny wrote:

> I sent this from my other email, so apologies since it will come through twice.
>
> I think a better native solution would be to specify the shape of the shadow, for example:
>
> box-shadow-transform: height% width%;
>
> Where height% and width% were percentages of the box dimensions. Obviously other values could be used: absolute lengths, expressions such as original - x pixels etc.

That might be useful at times, but I don't see how it is a better solution for Shi's situation. If the shadow was just shorter, then it would still have rounded corners from the blur. Whereas cropping the shadow or sending it to a lower layer than the element would give the sharp edge division that this layout needs.