RE: [css3-regions] iframe as content source

Seamless iframe has been suggested, but there is a difference. Seamless iframe is actually transparent for styling, it is intended to be equivalent to literally inserting the content into the master document, while what we want for indirect flow is the flow looking and behaving as if it was the document being shown in paged media – styled exactly as author intended for the content, with no interaction with styling of the template.

From: rocallahan@gmail.com [mailto:rocallahan@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Robert O'Callahan
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:08 PM
To: David Hyatt
Cc: Alex Mogilevsky; Vincent Hardy; www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: [css3-regions] iframe as content source

It seems to me that this "iframe flow" feature is very close to HTML5's "seamless" attribute on <iframe>s, if not identical.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us." [1 John 1:8-10]