Re: [css-device-adapt] Accepting semi-colons as a separator for meta-viewport

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 06:00:57 +0200, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu
<kennyluck@csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> (11/10/21 17:14), Rune Lillesveen wrote:
>> First, it's in a non-normative section, and we want UAs to move
>> towards an @viewport implementation. That being said, it's there to
>> suggest a mapping between viewport meta and @viewport in a transition
>> phase.
>
> Can we make this conditionally normative instead, like "UAs supporting
> meta-viewport must map content attribute of...."? I don't think browses
> will drop the support for meta-viewport anyway, and having something
> interoperable here seems desirable.

I don't think conditionally normative is going to be a stronger incentive
to get interoperability than an informative description in this case.

> Or does this look like something that should go into the HTML spec?

If it was going to be normative - possibly.

> As a side comment, I don't the UA stylesheet subsection belongs here. It
> should probably goes into the appendix.

I've added a separate UA stylesheet section to the ED published today.

--
Rune Lillesveen
Layout Group Manager