Re: Better Variables through Custom Properties

Am 25.10.2011 08:12, schrieb Tab Atkins Jr.:
> 1. "Whatever matches the 'term' production in the CSS2.1 grammar".
> This is very loose, but it matches everything we might want to use.
>
> 2. Some subset of valid CSS values, like keywords, colors, numbers,
> and dimensions.  This is easier to deal with (there's actually a
> "grammar" for the properties), but might be too restrictive.
>
> In either case, it can be a list of values, separated by spaces,
> commas, and/or slashes.

Would something like the following work in either of those cases? I
think it definately should.

:root {
 data-border-type: solid 1px;
 data-border-color: #f00;
}
div {
 border: data(border-type) data(border-color);
}

In other words: you shouldn't only be able to replace one of the values
*or* a series of values but mix and match also. I hope I'm being clear.